The State Memorial and Natural Preserve "Museum-estate of Leo Tolstoy "Yasnaya Polyana"
  • krokus.jpg
  • kucherskaya.jpg
  • midpond.jpg
  • pond_eng.JPG
  • pond_eng2.jpg
  • veranda.jpg
Exhibition of Svetlana Kedrina: “Together Are the Earth and Sky, and I“

kedrinaSeptember 1-18, 2016
Yasnaya Polyana Gallery 

This exhibition of items done in the applique technique opens on August 31, 2016 at 16:00. The title of the exhibition repeats the title of one of Svetlana Kedrina’s own poems.

“As long as I can remember myself, I have always longed to do creative work,“ she says. “I used to draw patterns, make dolls from various objects of everyday life, carve on wood, and finally, having reached a mature age, I got into making patchwork panels. I have been preoccupied with it for over thirty years.”

kedrina_01

In early August, the Together Are the Earth and Sky, and I exhibition was shown at the Tula Historical and Architectural Museum as part of the Motley Glade Festival and Contest. It can be visited at our gallery in Tula from Wednesday to Sunday, from 11:00 to 19:00. Cost of tickets: free of charge for visitors under 16; 15 rubles for a discounted ticket; and 30 rubles for a full-price ticket. Cost of tickets for a guided tour: 30 rubles for visitors under 16 and for a discounted ticket; and 45 rubles for a full-price ticket. 

kedrina_02

Background information:

Svetlana Kedrina is the daughter of well-known poet Dmitry Kedrin. She was born in Cherkizovo in 1934. Graduated from the Moscow Library Institute (at present, the Culture and Arts University). Worked at the Higher School Publisher, and translated Ukrainian prose. Author of four books of poems, a biographical book about her father (To Live In Spite of All), and numerous articles on his poetry. All of Svetlana Kedrina‘s books of poems include her own illustrations.  

Her works are held in the collection of the Russian State Arts Library, at the Folk Art Gallery in Moscow, the Mytishchi Local History Museum, the Cherkizovo Library named after Dmitry Kedrin, and also in private collections in Russia, Ukraine, Germany, France, and the USA. Svetlana Kedrina lives and works in Moscow. 

Оценка услуг

Thematic sites

Instagram

Отзывы о Ясной Поляне на
 tripAdvisor
unesco_Converted
4geo_150x150
mosaic_100x100