The State Memorial and Natural Preserve "Museum-estate of Leo Tolstoy "Yasnaya Polyana"
  • krokus.jpg
  • kucherskaya.jpg
  • midpond.jpg
  • pond_eng.JPG
  • pond_eng2.jpg
  • veranda.jpg
Exhibition: Photo Poem about Yasnaya Polyana

U_kolodcaNovember 20, 2015 года - January 15, 2016 
Yasnaya Polyana Cultural Center

We welcome all who are interested in Yasnaya Polyana to our Cultural Center to see Mikhail Kalmykov‘s exhibition “Photo Poem about Yasnaya Polyana.” The exhibition shows the photographer‘s black and white photographs of different years, which captured Leo Tolstoy’s native placesin all their diversity.

Admission is free. 

Mikhail Kalmykov began photographing Yasnaya Polyana in the 1950s in his free time.

“In the end, it seems to me I managed to create an entire finished series of photographs, which I called a “photo poem,“ says Mikhail Kalmykov. “Of course, a poem is a lyrical and epic work that produces a strong effect on the listener‘s or reader‘s feelings and imagination. A photo poem is almost the same, but it is a lyrical photo landscape, conveying, through images of nature, one‘s thoughts, emotions, one’s attitude, and one’s love for the depicted object, for example, for Yasnaya Polyana. And if all those feelings were finally transmitted to the souls of the viewers, nothing can be of greater value for an artist.“ 

Background information: 

YP_prostory

Mikhail Kalmykov was born in the town of Yasnogorsk in 1936. He took up photography in his childhood. He bought his first camera in the 7th grade, after he earned some money during his school vacation.

A participantinand prize winner of 14 regional photo exhibitions organized by the regional Kommunar newspaper and by the Journalists‘ Union of the USSR. Worked as acontract employee for the Shchekino district paper,as a stringer for the Soviet Miner magazine, and as an employee of the Kommunar newspaper. 

Оценка услуг

Thematic sites

Instagram

Отзывы о Ясной Поляне на
 tripAdvisor
unesco_Converted
4geo_150x150
mosaic_100x100