The State Memorial and Natural Preserve "Museum-estate of Leo Tolstoy "Yasnaya Polyana"
  • krokus.jpg
  • kucherskaya.jpg
  • midpond.jpg
  • pond_eng.JPG
  • pond_eng2.jpg
  • veranda.jpg
Exhibition of Alexander Potetinov “Together with Time”

IMG_0102April 3 – May 14, 2014
Local History Museum of Krapivna

Opening of the exhibition: April 3 at 15:00

Dear friends, we invite you to an exhibition of drawings and paintings by Alexander Potetinov. Among the works on display are pictures of churches of the Krapivna District, sketches of murals in churches of Tula, and works from the series “Yards of Shchekino.” 

IMG_0103

Alexander Potetinov was born and grew up in the town of Shchekino. In 1987, he graduated from an art college. He began his career by painting on the walls and vaults of St. Dimitry’s Church in the village of Kostomarovo. Later Alexander also took part in painting inside a number of churches of Tula. Now, he is working in the Pokrovsky Church on Kalinin Street.  

IMG_0096The artist himself says the following about his works: “A church is painted strictly in accordance with the church icon-painting canon; in fact, it is a specific form of divine service. But an artist has the right to add something of his own without breaking those rules. I always try to put a part of my heart into my work, it would be impossible otherwise. But graphics give you full freedom: you just sit down and draw. It attracts you with its simplicity and its persuasiveness. You can achieve great expressiveness using just black and white, and you don’t have to have any special arrangements for it, only paper, a pen, and India ink. I mostly draw from life, but sometimes I also fantasize.”

Оценка услуг

Thematic sites

Instagram

Отзывы о Ясной Поляне на
 tripAdvisor
unesco_Converted
4geo_150x150
mosaic_100x100