The State Memorial and Natural Preserve "Museum-estate of Leo Tolstoy "Yasnaya Polyana"
  • krokus.jpg
  • kucherskaya.jpg
  • midpond.jpg
  • pond_eng.JPG
  • pond_eng2.jpg
  • veranda.jpg
Leo Tolstoy‘s Birthday
__1908
Dear Friends! 

On September 9, 2017 everybody is welcome to attend the celebration of Leo Tolstoy‘s 189th birthday at Yasnaya Polyana.

10:00 – A Word about Tolstoy (in front of the veranda of the Tolstoy House)

11:00 – 13:00 – Free ten-minute guided tours of the Tolstoy House and the Kuzminsky House

13:00 – Concert by the State Academic A.V. Sveshnikov Russian Choir (in front of the veranda of the Tolstoy House)

14:00 – Standard guided tours

On that day, admission to the estate grounds will be free.

The State Academic A.V. Sveshnikov Russian Choir will perform pieces by Pyotr Tchaikovsky, Alexander Goldenveizer and Sergey Taneev, and Russian folk songs.

Goldenveizer and Taneev were close friends of the Tolstoy family and often visited Yasnaya Polyana where they performed works by Tolstoy‘s favourite composers, such as Mozart, Chopin, Schuman, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, and Glinka.

Leo Tolstoy was a lover and connoisseur of music. The writer could spend hours at the piano, playing duets with his wife or children. He even taught rudiments of music and singing to students of his school at Yasnaya Polyana.

We can judge Tolstoy's keen appreciation of music by the memoirs of his son Sergey, a pianist and a composer: “I haven’t met anybody in my whole life who felt music as strongly as my father did.”

In performing famous musical pieces at Leo Tolstoy‘s birthplace, the A.V. Sveshnikov Choir will  remind the Yasnaya Polyana audience yet again about the writer’s boundless love of music. Last year, the choir celebrated its 80th anniversary. Founded as an  extension of the USSR Radio Committee Choir, the Sveshnikov Choir has never confined itself to limited specialization, but has explored various aspects of classical, ancient, and modern musical art.  

Оценка услуг

Thematic sites

Instagram

Отзывы о Ясной Поляне на
 tripAdvisor
unesco_Converted
4geo_150x150
mosaic_100x100