The State Memorial and Natural Preserve "Museum-estate of Leo Tolstoy "Yasnaya Polyana"
  • krokus.jpg
  • kucherskaya.jpg
  • midpond.jpg
  • pond_eng.JPG
  • pond_eng2.jpg
  • veranda.jpg
Exhibition “The Great War”
PoljakovAugust 28 – November 11, 2014
Local History Museum of Krapivna

The Local History Museum of Krapivna invites you to see a photo exhibition devoted to the centenary of World War I, "The Great War." Visitors to the exhibition will learn about residents of Krapivna who participated in the war, about their families, and their lives after the war. Illustrations from the "Niva" newspaper of 1914-1917 will also be shown. 
World War I (July 28, 1914 – November 11, 1918) was one of the largest-scale conflicts in the history of mankind. As a result of it, the map of Europe was considerably reshaped. New states emerged: Austria, Hungary, Poland, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and Finland. And though in 1918 the hostilities were over, political confrontation between the new nations, and Germany's industrial potential and its disadvantaged position led to the even more devastating World War II. Both wars are links in the same chain. Despite the fact that World War I was conducted within civilized bounds, it struck a violent blow to European civilization and nationhood. It also had a great impact on our fellow townsmen.

Among the photos displayed at the exhibition are those of families of the military doctors D.A. Polyakov and P.M. Zinovyev, who was awarded the Medal of St. George (4th degree), the Medal of St. Stanislav with Swords and Ribbon (3rd degree), and also photographs of hospitals at the premises of the Butkevich family estate, and in Kharkov and Kaluga. 
The exhibition will be on till November 11, 2014.

Оценка услуг

Thematic sites

Instagram

Отзывы о Ясной Поляне на
 tripAdvisor
unesco_Converted
4geo_150x150
mosaic_100x100